Wednesday, November 25, 2009

tribute to Grandpa Buzz

My grandpa buzz…

I have soooo many fond memories of my grandpa Buswell. I don’t even know where to begin. I always looked forward to visits to grandpas as a child and getting to spend time with my family at the farm. I loved seeing my grandpa and my dad working with the animals and especially riding the horses. I will never forget all the stories my grandpa told me when I was a child. They were stories from everything in his life like the war, being a young boy in Ogden, and raising his family. I think my favorite thing we would do with my grandpa was fishing at the cabin in the Uintahs. I was so proud that I knew how to fish and I always made sure to tell everyone that it was my expert grandpa who taught me how! I am not much of the camping/out-doorsey type of girl, but I loved my trips to the cabin with my grandpa. As I was growing up, I was always very interested in history and I loved to hear the war stories from grandpa. I am so proud to be related to such a brave and patriotic person. Most recently, I loved to occasionally just pop over to grandpa and grandmas and just sit, listen to music and enjoy their company. I will always cherish those times with my grandpa.

I can’t go anywhere without finding some sort of connection to the people I meet because I am a Buswell. My friends joke and call it the “Buswell curse”. I have to correct them and say it is one of my many “Buswell blessings”. I am so extremely proud to be a Buswell. As soon as I introduce myself, I get the immediate slew of questions which nearly always includes “Are you related to the Buswell’s in North Ogden? Are you related to Don Buswell?” Every time I respond with a very proud, “why YES I am!” I will always remember my grandpa as a very important part of the community and I would hope to someday have an influence on as many lives as he did.

I think the most important thing that I will always remember about my grandpa was all the love and concern he showed toward me. He always wanted to be up to date on my life and never failed to be 100% supportive and understanding. He has always been such a wonderful example of service and kindness. He and grandma raised such a wonderful, beautiful and loving family. I know I will always look to them when I raise my own family one day. I will never forget his love for the Lord and his testimony. I am so grateful to be blessed to be a part of such a wonderful family and I will forever be grateful for my amazing grandpa Buswell! I LOVE YOU GRANDPA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment